Firefighter II (EMT)Job Opening
|Date||12 Apr, 2021 - 12 May, 2021|
|Position||Firefighter II (EMT)|
|No. of position(s)||18|
|Salary||$38,792.00 - $48,422.40|
|Agency||City of Greenville|
Firefighter II (EMT) – Salary Range: $38,792 – $48,422
Under general direction, performs fire suppression, station maintenance, and fire prevention duties. Regularly exercises a moderate level of discretion in the interpretation and application of policies, operating procedures, and rules. Under direct supervision, and while operating in a team environment, responds to and assists in a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations including structures, automobiles, wild land fires, and medical emergencies. Performs routine commercial inspections and pre-fire planning. Performs emergency equipment maintenance. Performs routine station maintenance duties including sweeping, mopping, cutting grass, and laundry.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus six months to one year of advanced study or training in firefighting and basic life support.
• Six months to one year of verifiable experience.
• International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Pro Board Firefighter II certification meeting (National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Firefighter II standards.
• Must have or obtain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications within one year of hire.
• Must have or obtain National Registry or South Carolina Emergency Medical Technician certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P) within one year of employment and maintain certification.
• Must certify in South Carolina Fire Academy (SCFA) 2147 National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) or a National Fire Academy
A valid SC driver’s license is required with no license suspensions during the last 5 years for DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless homicide, or involuntary manslaughter. Must pass an entry level written exam and physical strength/agility test. Must pass a background investigation to include a clear criminal record. Must have a good credit history and not have defaulted on a student loan. Must have an honorable discharge from the U.S. military (if applicable). Must pass pre-employment screenings (drug, vision, hearing, stress and pulmonary function tests, and psychological exam). In addition to completing an online application, certifications/credentials MUST be uploaded with the application.