Through collaborations and partnerships with community members and other Council members the D.R.I.V.E. Program (Diversity Recruitment Injects Valued Employees) was established to promote broader recruitment outreach efforts.
The D.R.I.V.E. Program also fosters a partnership approach to recruitment. Through this approach your department embraces the community to enhance diversity within your department.
We encourage your department to partner with community based organizations as well as individuals.
Examples of community organizations:
- High Schools
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Fire Related Organizations
- Department Personnel
- Other Organizations
- (However, there is no limit to community recruitment outreach)
- All Council members to take advantage of the D.R.I.V.E. Program.
- Promotion of Council membership within your extended network of fire departments.
- To display your Firefighter Diversity Recruitment Council membership insignia on your department web site letting your community and prospective candidates know you are a Council member.